Saturday, July 10, 2010

Twice the lace, twice the fun

So, did I not just get done saying I find lace tedious, and I find scarves tedious, and therefore I find lace scarves doubley tedious?

So of course, I cast on another lacy scarf. In my defense, I know from experience that this particular pattern (Berry Lacy) goes quickly because it's nothing more than lots of dropped yarn overs and garter stitch in between.

The reason for maddly beginning another lace scarf is because I found out that knitting with wire sucks if you have uncooperative wire. So unless I want to buy some wire for a single project, then fuss with it scratching up my needles as I go, the knitted wire jewelry for Patty's presnt was not going to be a fun option. Maybe I'll take another stab at it later, but I decided a lovely lacy scarf would be just as good, and a whole lot softer. And also something a bit more matching her style. She doesn't wear a lot of jewelry as far as I can tell, but everyone likes to wear soft things. And a scarf of merino = definitely soft.

So this one has a 20 row pattern repeat, so it looks like this scarf plus my other scarf means 30 rows of lace knitting every day. Actually since Berry Lacy knits up so fast, I'm hoping to have it done in just a few days. Then I can wrap it, stash it under my bed, and not have to think about it until it's time to give it away.

Next thing to cast on, Tim's present, on DPN's! I don't really like DPN's, but what can you do? He's my best friend and this is something I know he wants (but still can't disclose because as remote as the chances are that he'll discover this blog, there's still a chance.) And eventually I need to go shopping for more yarn for the other presents.

AND THEN there's my bolero with my magical blue alpaca that I still haven't cast on for again. I really really want to finish a project for myself since I've been doing so much gift knitting. Not to mention this project has a deadline too, sort of. See, I'm going to see Phantom of the Opera with my boyfriend sometime in September, and I know exactly what I'm going to wear and I want to include the bolero in my outfit.

Ah well. Just 10 rows at a time. Or 30 now as it would be.

Did I mention I'm going away to San Diego in 11 days for a week and therefore need to pack traveling knitting? Life just keeps getting more and more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment