Thursday, August 26, 2010

1 Down, 11 to go

Yay! I finished one of the twelve presents. It's Patty's birthday present, the one that was 75% done anyway, the Berry Lacey Scarf that I renamed Ivy Scarf since I did it in a rich green. Tonight I cast on Lianne's present and hopefully I'll have that done before September 1st when my official Christmas Countdown begins. That makes 6 days to knit her present (more like 5 days and part of this evening). I think I can do it. It's a beret hat, which I've never attempted, with some lacework on the top of it (always a bit tricky), but still, I've got optomism. And a whole weekend of working in the closet answering phones.

I've been reading The Knitting Goddess by Deborah Bergman. It's a pretty cool book. The actual instructions and patterns are aimed more at beginners, but are still interesting enough for more advanced knitters. Right now I'm enjoying the stories of all the "knitting goddesses", especially since I'm a fan of mythology in any form. Since knitting is such a good meditation act for me, it's fun to read about Grandmother Spider and other divine fiber artists. Haven't yet found a pattern in the book that calls to me to make it, but that's ok, it's giving me ideas all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment